Auto Insurance Overview
Insurance is required by law for owned vehicles of any kind.
ICBC provides Basic Autoplan Insurance, which is the minimum requirement you need for a vehicle in British Columbia. Additional coverage can also be provided! We work with ICBC, as well as private insurers to provide New Car Replacement cost, and more. We are more than happy to serve you in person, by phone at 604-875-6122, or by email at email@example.com
ICBC is British Columbia’s basic insurance provider. Besides serving you in person, they have recently launched an additional way to provide service via their online platform!
ICBC Online may not work for everyone. Some policies cannot renew include:
- Jointly owned vehicles
- Leased vehicles
- company-owned vehicles
- collector vehicle
- commercial vehicle
This is just a very small partial list. click here to check if you can renew online.
For those eligible, it only takes a few steps to complete the renewal.
- Log in securely (Log in with your BC Services Card app or Verified.Me)
- Confirm coverage and policy details (Update your details and pay)
- Print insurance documents (A printed copy must be kept in the vehicle at all times)
- Renewal is complete (After payment is processed, your selected broker will review the renewal and contact you if needed)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How will I get my decal sticker?
Renewals on May 1st, 2022, and forward do not require decals. You may choose to remove it after your policy is renewed or leave your existing decal on your plate.
- How will I prove I have insurance?
In the ICBC online platform, you may select to print from home or have documents mailed to you. Alternatively, we are still able to help you in person, or over the phone at 604-875-6122. If you are printing at home, please ensure you are printing all copies on single-sided paper to place into your vehicle. If you do not have a printer at home, we are also able to mail you a copy!
- What will I be able to do online?
– Renew my existing coverage options
– Update my address
– Apply for discounts
– Change my vehicle usage
– Change my listed drivers
- What if I still want to work with my TXL broker?
We are definitely still here on Main street!
Online is just an additional platform that allows us to serve you any hour of the day! If you choose the ICBC online platform, you will be prompted “broker of choice”; You may choose, TXL Insurance Agency, and then type your broker’s name. Alternatively, you may also contact us at 604-875-6122, or in person, via your broker’s direct line, or office phone to be redirected.